Time Strategies


I love planning my time. I have yet to do that this semester. Below is my favorite kind of planner with the hours listed on the side. 


(Daily and Weekly Calendar; Web Source:Wikimedia)

I read the 11 Ways Unsuccessful People Mismanage their Time.

I completely agree that I need a schedule. I applied to medical schools this summer, and the common application and applications for each school were very time-consuming. At the beginning, I just told myself I would casually do the application. I ended up not getting anything done. It was not until I got a planner and scheduled exactly what I was going to do and when I was going to do it that I finally finished. I still have to schedule this semester with all of my courses and my job. I found it interesting that there were rituals that could help people stay on track. I love to be involved in different organizations. I realize that those were my rituals and planned fun activities. I had dance practice for three hours on Wednesday and Sunday. I had meetings on Monday nights and Thursday nights. Saturdays were for volunteering. Orchestra on Tuesdays and my job in between classes throughout the week. I had all of these rituals and fun activities in between my school work that kept me on track. I would study and do homework in those gaps. Now, when I really only have work to keep me busy due to the pandemic, it seems I have SO much time to do school work but I somehow still end up getting nothing done. I need to find a ritual that I can look forward to in between school work that can positively reinforce me. Saturday and Sunday are my most productive days. My family lives about an hour away, so I love to go back home on the weekends, and I end up getting a lot of work done there. I do juggle a lot, and I am scared of burning out. This article was very useful. It was all stuff I knew already, but it is very important to remember each semester. They are so easy to forget. I have a lot of assignments this semester, and my biggest time challenge will be getting them all done. I have to create a good schedule in order to do everything. I do have a time management strategy that has worked throughout college, but currently I am not using it. I need to get back into it. I like to plan things very strictly. I use an hourly agenda like the one above. I try to guess how long each assignment should take me. Some assignments I will finish early while others I will take much much longer. That's okay if I do not do everything on my list. I usually do not do everything on my list, but I end up doing a lot of them. I usually put more assignments on there than are crucial . The most crucial assignments I put at the beginning, and the one due later will be at the end of the list. I like to mix short assignments and long assignments. This method may not work for everyone, but I find it works pretty good for me. 

The other article that I read is How to Build a Realistic Study Plan

I did not think this article was as helpful as the previous. It was probably better for someone who has never made a study plan before. This would have been a helpful tool for maybe a freshman in college or in high school. I did not learn anything new from this article. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Cooking, Dancing, Pakistani Violinist

Week 7 Story: Young Lyfe