Week 2 Reading Overview

                              As someone who is Punjabi, one story that intrigued me was Raja Rasalu. 

                                                
                                               (Raja Rasalu; Web Source:Mythology.blogspot.com)

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Bible Women

Week 4: Adam and Eve 

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Folklore of the Holy Land: Moslem, Christian, and Jewish

Week 6: Raja Rasalu

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Stories from Congo

Week 9: Ozaki

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Marriage Tales

Week 11: California and the Old Southwest

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Nursery Rhymes

Week 13: Canterbury Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Crane

Week 15: LibriVox

I loved princesses when I was young. I am interested to hear the folklore of some of my favorite princesses (Snow White and Sleeping Beauty) in the last two weeks. I am really interested to learn about the folklore about the religious topics in week 3-5. I am not that familiar with mythological and folklore topics, so I am not sure if there is something else I would like to read about. I am interested in getting started with these units. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Cooking, Dancing, Pakistani Violinist

Week 7 Story: Young Lyfe