Reading Notes: Raja Rasal, Reading B


("Punjab Map;" Web Source: WikiMedia)

This story called Raja Bhoj depicts an interesting story. Raja is wondering around at Raja Bhoj's. He discusses some of the worst things that could occur. I am fascinated by why these are considered the worst things especially when they refer to a girl who is mature but has no hair on her head. For some reason, these worst things were considered smart by the Raja Bhoj, so he was like let's talk some more. They went to Rani Sobhan. In here, they had some water, and all of a sudden a bunch of woman who were ready to attack them appeared. These women had swords, and said that anyone who touches the water from that area would have their ears and their hands cut off. Raja Rasalu told the women who he was. They were scared that Raja Rasalu would kill them, so they decided not to do so. However, he tried to plead with these women that they should not hurt others too. If I recreated this, I would try to alter this story by making it more humorous,. I could make the "worst" things that Raja Rasalu discusses at Raja Bhoj's be something more modernized. I am not certain what example I would use yet. I would want to make it more than just water that Raja was getting in trouble for. I would want to make it something wilder such as him sleeping in a person's house or something. I would want it to be something crazy that he got away with rather than just taking some water. I could turn this into a romance conflict. The person's house was an ex-girlfriends. I think this could bring in a lot more drama to the story. I could put into the perspective of the girl in the conflict.


Bibliography: Flora Annie Steel's Tales of the Punjab

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Cooking, Dancing, Pakistani Violinist

Week 7 Story: Young Lyfe