Storybook Plan

 I really am interested in creating a storybook on Raja Rasalu from Flora Annie Steel's Tales of the Punjab. I will be utilizing the stories from Raja Rasalu. I will try to connect the stories in a unique way. The stories I would want to add are The King and His Two Queens. Raja, How Raja Rasalu was Born, How Raja Rasalu Killed the Giants, and How He Played Chaupur with King Sarkap. I want to look into more cultural aspects of this story such as how the mother in How Raja Rasalu was Born was so desperate for a son. This is a big issue in South Asia where so many mothers emphasize how great it is to have a son rather than a daughter. I am not certain exactly what my message/experience I would want to give. I would want it to be informative about cultural aspects and the story but also just an interesting read. I try to be humorous, so I would try to be a little funny if possible. I would try to tell the story from the mother's perspective on how naughty her son is, but she still loves him. I would want to make it very casual writing and more modern. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Cooking, Dancing, Pakistani Violinist

Week 7 Story: Young Lyfe