Week 10 Lab

 


 ("Writing;" Web Source: Pixabay)

 

Personally, I like very blunt writing. Thus, when watching how to write descriptively, it shows that I need to be looking at more senses. I am not descriptively discussing people's emotions. I need to find a healthy balance between blunt writing but also providing enough descriptions that people want. I have noticed this in much of the feedback I receive from students in the course. I think this is because of the word count. I try to be very blunt, and I know that many students do not want to read a long story. I don't like descriptive writing because it is so long and to me doesn't show the plot. I like learning about the plot rather than how did the hot guy in the movie look? I prefer to make the senses up by myself, to imagine them for myself rather than have someone tell me. Something is scary? The author may use a description that I may not find is scary at all. I would rather think of an example myself. How do I do blunt, quick, descriptive writing. I don't like adding "fluff." I personally did not like how the narrator tried to paint an image. It seemed too fluffy. The Kafka story is one that sounds familiar when a leader does not want to delegate their tasks to others. It is interesting that there is always creative constraints and how they can help us understand what we don't know and create new things. It is interesting to create good rules for a fictional world. Where are you? Are you working in the past present or future? What rules? It is interesting to see how we value rules and this helps us understand the structure for a whole different world. Nominalization is interesting. I always wondered why those sentences sounded convoluted. This video really made sense about that particular aspect.

I watched the TedEd Videos. I discussed in this how to write descriptively, beware of nominalizations, what makes something kafkaesque, and how to build a fictional world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Cooking, Dancing, Pakistani Violinist

Week 7 Story: Young Lyfe