Week 12 Nursery Rhymes Notes, Reading B

 


("Male Pants;" Web Source:  Pxhere)

 

This first begins with the typical Jack and Jill nursery rhymes. The story that intrigued me the most was Simon's. Essentially they said that Simon should not wear this one suit. Does that mean that the suit is ugly? If he does not take off the suit, he will not have kids. This suit must be atrocious if she has this much to say about it. She said she would rather give someone else her crown, so I assume she is a princess. She is embarrassed with him with the suit. He loves Sylvia. He asks Sylvia to be his girl. She clearly does not want to do this. In my story, I would make it not a suit. I would make it some crazy other piece of clothing. I am still not sure what clothing exactly. It could be his pants. I would take this more literally. Obviously without a suit, he could not have children. He literally could not do that anatomically. I would try to add some humor, but I don't want to make it an inappropriate story exactly. He would still show compassion and care for her, and she would tease him to take of his suit. I think this could be interesting to show literal meaning versus understanding context. I would want there to be many quotations like there are many quotations in the original. I really like the children's book "Go Dogs, Go." My favorite part is when one dog is a "female" wearing a hat. The other is presumably a male dog. The female dog asks, "Do you like my hat?" The other dog says he does not like her hat. Then, they say goodbye. I would want to mimic this format. For instance, "Do you like my pants?" She could say, "I do not like your pants on.' Then, they say goodbye.


Bibliography: The Nursery Rhymes Book by Andrew Lang

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Cooking, Dancing, Pakistani Violinist

Week 7 Story: Young Lyfe