Week 13 Story: What Every Man Wants

 


("Heart," Web Source: WikiMedia) 

Hello, I am Julie. Every since I was a young girl, I loved to steal: jewelry, clothes, etc. It was all just for fun.  One day, I decided to challenge myself. It was too easy to steal jewelry and clothes, and I would never get caught. This time, I decided to steal every man's heart. It sounded difficult, but I was up for the task. 

I ended up failing awfully. The first attempt on a man reported me, and then the second, and then the third. I was going to be sent to jail when the judge brings me to the side. 

"I have a plan for you that you may find interesting. If you figure out what every man wants, then you don't have to go to prison," the judge offered. 

 "Heck yeah, anything to get out of prison, " I was excited for a second chance even if I "may" not deserve one. 

I ended up asking close guy friends what every man wants. Some men said "to watch football in peace" while others said "to play video games all day." There was a mixed response from every man. I was so confused and frustrated. I had no answer, and I had to tell the judge in 24 hours.

I ended up going to a man who was filthy rich. He was a braggart and especially annoying. I decided to go to him.  I was desperate. 

"I know what every man wants. I promise you that I am right, " he promised. 

I went to the judge, and I told the judge exactly what the filthy rich man said because I was just confused. The judge brought in hundreds of men to judge my answer. 

"I will not judge this answer. My hundreds of men will. Julie suggests that every man wants some form of love. Oh, how cheesy. Who doesn't want to love? Please raise your hand " the judge laughed. 

 No one raised their hand. No man wanted to live without love for something or with someone. 

I went back to the filthy rich man and asked him how exactly he knew the answer. 

"When you have seemingly everything in life, you realize the truth. I have a well paying job, but do I love it? No. I have all the money in the world to spoil any woman, and does anyone love me? No. I don't have any love, so I know exactly what I want, " he explained.

"Thanks man, " I rolled my eyes. He talked so much. Thank God I did not go to jail. No more stealing mens' hearts. 

 

Author's Note: The original had a guy make a mistake whose consequences led to death. I made it a girl whose consequences led to jail. He was favored by the Queen, and she asked him to find out what every woman wants. The judge was okay with Julie and asked her to find what every man wants. He looked everywhere, but there were too many different answers which Julie had the same issue. The man in the story found an old poor lady who knew the answer. I made the guy rich. What every woman wants is power over their husbands in the original. I made every man want love. The original guy was caring. My character was less caring.

Bibliography:  The Chaucer Story Book by Evan Tappan


Comments

  1. Hey Sana,

    I think this story is unique and witty! I like that you included so much dialogue because it brought me in as a reader. It's funny that the main character is upset they aren't getting caught–I wouldn't usually expect to see that! I like the changes you made, too! Your author's note does a good job explaining the differences between your story and the original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sana,
    I like the way you started your story, the first part of your story go me curious and made me want to read more and know what was going to happen next. I also liked the use of dialogue in your story, because i didn't feel bored while reading it and made me feel like i was a viewer in the story. I also liked the confidence that Julie had, she was fearless, and she up to any difficult task that would come up to her. And at the end she learned her lesson to not steal anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Cooking, Dancing, Pakistani Violinist

Week 7 Story: Young Lyfe